Rebecca Strauss is an agent at DeFiore and Co. and focuses on literary and commercial fiction, women’s fiction, fantasy, science fiction, romance, mystery, YA, pop culture and select non-fiction. In all genres, she’s looking for a compelling story, fresh voice and emotional heart—a work that grabs you from the first page. She’s especially interested in emerging writers and developing long term relationships.
Before joining DeFiore and Co., Rebecca was at McIntosh and Otis for seven years where she was an agent and Director of Subsidiary Rights. Prior to M&O, she was a foreign rights associate at Trident Media Group, and a book scout and development assistant at Sony Pictures. She’s originally from Chapel Hill, North Carolina and earned her degree in English Literature from Duke University.
You can follow Rebecca on Twitter at www.twitter.com/rebeccaliterary.
- Beth Cato (THE CLOCKWORK DAGGER and THE CLOCKWORK CROWN)
- Lola Dodge (TEMPTRESS, IVORY and BELLE FURY)
- Lexie Dunne (SUPERHEROES ANONYMOUS and SUPERVILLAINS ANONYMOUS)
- Alyssa Goodnight (AUSTENTATIOUS, AUSTENSIBLY ORDINARY and JUST SAY YES)
- Merry Jones (SUMMER SESSION, Harper Jennings series)
- Wendy La Capra (LADY VICE, LADY SCANDAL and DUCHESS DECADENCE)
- Nicole Peeler (TEMPEST RISING, Jane True series and JINN & JUICE)
- Abigail Sharpe (WHO WANTS TO MARRY A COWBOY? and WHO WANTS TO MARRY A DOCTOR?)
- Jaye Wells (DIRTY MAGIC, Prospero’s War series)
How to Submit to Rebecca Strauss:
Please email her at Rebecca@defliterary.com with a brief query letter containing information on your book, your bio and the first five pages in the body of the email. Please include the word “query” and your book title in the subject line.