DeFiore & Company works diligently to license our clients’ books in the UK (and ANZ) territories. Our UK Rights Director Meredith Kaffel Simonoff sells our titles directly to editors across the Atlantic, making regular trips to London to pitch books individually to targeted editors at all major and independent UK houses, with whom she keeps in close contact throughout the year between pitching trips and book fairs.
Meredith has been with the agency since 2012, after six years with the Charlotte Sheedy Literary Agency. A graduate of Yale with a B.A. in Renaissance Studies and a member of PEN and the AAR, she also represents domestic clients.
A sampling of recent UK sales made:
- Poet and Twitter personality Melissa Broder’s essay collection SO SAD TODAY to Scribe UK/ANZ
- NYT Bestselling author of FOLLOWING ATTICUS Tom Ryan’s WILL’S RED COAT, to Piatkus
- Science journalist Peter Brannen’s THE ENDS OF THE WORLD: Supervolanoes, Lethal Oceans, and the Search for Past Apolocalypses to OneWorld
- Giller prize winner Sean Michaels’ debut novel US CONDUCTORS to Bloomsbury UK
- Robin Wasserman’s adult debut novel GIRLS ON FIRE as a Superlead title to Little Brown UK
- Brandon Stanton’s HUMANS OF NEW YORK; HUMANS OF NEW YORK: STORIES, and LITTLE HUMANS to Macmillan UK