Adam Schear is a graduate of Tulane University and the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. He began his publishing career at the William Morris Agency and joined DeFiore and Company in 2009. His clients have won The Center for Fiction First Novel Award and the AWP Award for the Novel and have been finalists and longlisted for The Giller Prize, The New York Public Library Young Lions Award, and The Kobo Prize. For non-fiction, he loves popular science, narrative nonfiction, and big idea books. He’s always looking for a writer who can explain a complicated concept in a gripping way. For fiction, he is interested in seeing inspired literary novels, voice driven comedies, smart thrillers with sharp dialogue, debuts and short story collections. Send him flawed, unreliable, magnetic characters, quirky dark novels that retain their humor and heart, and novels that blur the distinction between literary and other genres. He has a soft spot for sci-fi, especially when it breaks the mold, and YA with an honest and compelling voice. Across the board, he’s looking for the type of book that you’re compelled to recommend to everyone you know, and then secretly feel jealous that they get to read it for the first time.
- Julie Lekstrom Himes (MIKHAIL AND MARGARITA)
- Joseph Moldover (EVERY MOMENT AFTER)
- Adrianne Finlay (YOUR ONE AND ONLY)
- Andrew Battershill (MARRY, BANG, KILL)
- Jennie Yabroff (IF YOU WERE HERE)
- Sonya Terjanian (THE RUNAWAYS, THE OBJECTS OF HER AFFECTION)
- Christian Schoon (ZENN SCARLETT, UNDER NAMELESS STARS)
Other highlights include novelists and short story writers Andrew Ladd and Jake Wolff among others.
- Scott Bedford (MADE BY DAD)
- Jen Adams (THE BOOKS THEY GAVE ME)
How To Submit To Adam Schear:
Please e-mail him at email@example.com with a query letter containing info on the book, your bio and the first five pages in the body of the e-mail.