Cassie Hanjian, formerly an agent at Waxman Leavell Literary Agency, joined DeFiore and Company in 2017. Cassie specializes in representing prescriptive nonfiction – with a particular focus on mind/body/spirit, health and wellness, self-help, inspiration, and Christian interest titles – as well as select projects in the commercial fiction and romance categories.
During her career, Cassie has also worked at the Park Literary Group and at Aram Fox, Inc. as an international literary scout. She holds a B.A. in English/Creative Writing from the University of South Florida, a Graduate Certificate from the University of Denver’s Publishing Institute, and an M.S. in Publishing from Pace University. You can follow Cassie on Twitter at @cjhanjian.
Recent and Upcoming Nonfiction Highlights:
- YOUR OWN BEAUTIFUL by Chelsea Crockett (Zondervan)
- THE M WORD by Emily Fletcher (William Morrow)
- SOUPELINA’S SOUP CLEANSE by Elina Fuhrman (Da Capo Lifelong Books)
- THE TRUFFLE DETECTIVES by Ryan Jacobs (Clarkson Potter)
- THE DENTAL DIET by Dr. Steven Lin (Hay House)
- 90 SECONDS TO A LIFE YOU LOVE by Dr. Joan Rosenberg (Little, Brown)
- QUARTER-LIFE CALLING by Paul Sohn (FaithWords)
- HEARING FROM GOD by David Stine (Howard Books)
- DARE TO BE KIND by Lizzie Velasquez (Hachette Books)
- FULFILLED by Dr. Anna Yusim (Grand Central Life & Style)
Recent and Upcoming Fiction Highlights:
- THE MEMORIES THAT MAKE US by Vanessa Carnevale (Harlequin Australia)
- BREAKING & HOLDING by Judy Fogarty (Lake Union Publishing)
- THE ROMAN by Sylvain Reynard (EverAfter Romance)
- TYING THE SCOT by Jennifer Trethewey (Entangled)
How to Query Cassie Hanjian:
Cassie only accepts queries by e-mail and is currently acquiring across all areas of specialization, as noted above. Please send a full query letter to email@example.com along with the following elements, pasted into the body of an e-mail:
- For nonfiction, please include the overview and marketing/publicity sections of your proposal.
- For fiction, please include the first 5-10 pages of your novel.
Attachments from queries will remain unopened unless specifically requested. Due to the high number of queries received, Cassie is unable to respond to every query individually. Usual response time is 6-8 weeks; if you have not received a response within 8 weeks, it means that Cassie is unable to offer you representation. Cassie does not require exclusive submissions.