Cassie Hanjian, formerly an agent at Waxman Leavell Literary Agency, joined DeFiore and Company in 2017. Cassie specializes in representing prescriptive nonfiction – with a particular focus on mind/body/spirit, health and wellness, self-help, inspiration, and Christian interest titles – as well as select projects in the commercial fiction and romance categories.
During her career, Cassie has also worked at the Park Literary Group and at Aram Fox, Inc. as an international literary scout. She holds a B.A. in English/Creative Writing from the University of South Florida, a Graduate Certificate from the University of Denver’s Publishing Institute, and an M.S. in Publishing from Pace University. You can follow Cassie on Twitter at @cjhanjian.
Recent and Upcoming Nonfiction Highlights:
- FEAR IS A CHOICE by James Conner (Harper)
- THE SILHOUETTE SOLUTION by Brenda Cooper (Clarkson Potter)
- YOUR OWN BEAUTIFUL and ABOVE ALL ELSE by Chelsea Crockett (Zondervan)
- STRESS LESS, ACCOMPLISH MORE by Emily Fletcher (William Morrow)
- SOUPELINA’S SOUP CLEANSE by Elina Fuhrman (Da Capo Lifelong Books)
- DARING TO LIVE by Sheri Hunter (Baker Books)
- THE TRUFFLE UNDERGROUND by Ryan Jacobs (Clarkson Potter)
- THE DENTAL DIET by Dr. Steven Lin (Hay House)
- 90 SECONDS TO A LIFE YOU LOVE by Dr. Joan Rosenberg (Little, Brown Spark)
- QUARTER-LIFE CALLING by Paul Sohn (FaithWords)
- HEARING FROM GOD and THE WHOLE LIFE by David Stine (Howard Books)
- DARE TO BE KIND by Lizzie Velasquez (Hachette Books)
- FULFILLED by Dr. Anna Yusim (Grand Central Life & Style)
Recent and Upcoming Fiction Highlights:
- GABRIEL’S PROMISE by Sylvain Reynard (Berkley)
- TYING THE SCOT, BETTING THE SCOT, FORGETTING THE SCOT, and SAVING THE SCOT by Jennifer Trethewey (Entangled)
How to Query Cassie Hanjian:
Cassie only accepts queries by e-mail and is currently acquiring across all areas of specialization, as noted above. Please send a full query letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following elements, pasted into the body of an e-mail:
- For nonfiction, please include the overview and marketing/publicity sections of your proposal.
- For fiction, please include the first 5-10 pages of your novel.
Attachments from queries will remain unopened unless specifically requested. Due to the high number of queries received, Cassie is unable to respond to every query individually. Usual response time is 6-8 weeks; if you have not received a response within 8 weeks, it means that Cassie is unable to offer you representation. Cassie does not require exclusive submissions.