Rebecca Strauss is an agent at DeFiore and Co. and focuses on literary and commercial fiction, women’s fiction, fantasy, science fiction, romance, mystery, YA, pop culture and select non-fiction. In all genres, she’s looking for a compelling story, clear concept, fresh voice and emotional heart—a work that grabs you from the first page. She’s especially interested in emerging writers and underrepresented voices; and, she’s looking to develop long term relationships.
Before joining DeFiore and Co., Rebecca was at McIntosh and Otis for seven years where she was an agent and Director of Subsidiary Rights. Prior to M&O, she was a foreign rights associate at Trident Media Group, and a book scout and development assistant at Sony Pictures. She’s originally from Chapel Hill, North Carolina and earned her degree in English Literature from Duke University.
You can follow Rebecca on Twitter @rebeccaliterary.
- Beth Cato (BREATH OF EARTH, CALL OF FIRE, DEEP ROOTS, THE CLOCKWORK DAGGER, THE CLOCKWORK CROWN and ROAR OF SKY)
- Lexie Dunne (SUPERHEROES ANONYMOUS, SUPERVILLAINS ANONYMOUS, HOW TO SAVE THE WORLD and #HEROFAIL)
- Shannon Fay (INNATE MAGIC)
- Alyssa Goodnight (OLIVE BRIGHT, PIGEONEER, AUSTENTATIOUS, AUSTENSIBLY ORDINARY, and JUST SAY YES)
- Priscilla Oliveras (ISLAND AFFAIR, ANCHORED HEARTS, HIS PERFECT PARTNER, HER PERFECT AFFAIR, and THEIR PERFECT MELODY)
- Nicole Peeler (TEMPEST RISING, Jane True series and JINN & JUICE)
- Amanda Weaver (THE ONE I LOVE TO HATE, LOVE AND THE LAWS OF MOTION, and LOVE AROUND THE CORNER)
- Liana De la Rosa (TO RESIST A SCANDALOUS ROGUE and TO TAME A SCANDALOUS LADY)
- Emily Victoria (THIS GOLDEN FLAME)
- Bethany Bennett (ANY ROGUE WILL DO and WEST END EARL)
- Kate Pembrooke (NOT THE KIND OF EARL YOU MARRY)
- Alanna Martin (HEART ON A LEASH and PAWS & PREJUDICE)
- Ali Solomon and Janine Annett (I AM “WHY DO I NEED VENMO?” YEARS OLD)
How to Submit to Rebecca Strauss:
Please email her at Rebecca@defliterary.com with a brief query letter containing information on your book, your bio and the first five pages in the body of the email. Please include the word “query” and your book title in the subject line.