Before joining DeFiore in early 2016, Reiko Davis was an associate agent at Miriam Altshuler Literary Agency. She grew up in Kansas City, received her BA in Comparative Literature and Art History from Brown University, and is a graduate of the Columbia Publishing Course.
Reiko’s interests are varied, but she is particularly drawn to narrative journalism on the topics of pop culture, science/psychology, and current events as well as memoir that focuses on social justice, issues of race and gender, and the history and experiences of women and people of color. For fiction, she’s primarily looking for upmarket and literary novels, specifically set in contemporary times. She loves young, underrepresented voices, magical realism, and voice driven coming-of-age stories. On the children’s side, she’s actively looking for YA and middle grade projects that aren’t afraid to tackle big questions or important emotional truths, and do so through remarkable storytelling and a healthy dose of humor and heart.
She’s not looking for adult genre fiction (fantasy, sci-fi, romance, thriller), children’s picture books, or nonfiction with a highly prescriptive bent.
- THE MARKED GIRL
- THE BROKEN WORLD
- THE TRUTH LIES HERE
- HAVING THE LAST SAY: CAPTURING YOUR LEGACY IN ONE SMALL STORY
- CONQUERING THE COLLEGE ADMISSIONS ESSAY IN TEN STEPS
- SEVEN STEPS TO CONFIDENT WRITING
Devi S. Laskar:
- THE ATLAS OF REDS AND BLUES
Lucy Jane Bledsoe:
- A THIN BRIGHT LINE
- THE EVOLUTION OF LOVE
- RUNNING WILD
- LAVA FALLS
- PREPARE HER (forthcoming from Catapult, Summer 2021)
- THE WILD WORLD HANDBOOK: How Adventurers, Artists, Scientists—and You—Can Change Our Planet For Good (forthcoming from Quirk Books, Spring 2021)
- THE HUMMINGBIRDS
- VOW OF CELIBACY
How to Submit to Reiko Davis:
Please query her at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Query” in the subject line as well as the following:
- A brief description of your book
- A brief, relevant bio
- For fiction, please include the first chapter of your book pasted in the body of your email.
- No attachments, please.