Rebecca Strauss is an agent at DeFiore and Co. and focuses on literary and commercial fiction, women's fiction, fantasy, science fiction, romance, mystery, YA, pop culture and select non-fiction. In all genres, she's looking for a compelling story, clear concept, fresh voice and emotional heart—a work that grabs you from the first page. She's especially interested in emerging writers and underrepresented voices; and, she's looking to develop long term relationships.
Before joining DeFiore and Co., Rebecca was at McIntosh and Otis for seven years where she was an agent and Director of Subsidiary Rights. Prior to M&O, she was a foreign rights associate at Trident Media Group, and a book scout and development assistant at Sony Pictures. She's originally from Chapel Hill, North Carolina and earned her degree in English Literature from Duke University.
You can follow Rebecca on Twitter @rebeccaliterary.
- Beth Cato (A THOUSAND RECIPES FOR REVENGE, BREATH OF EARTH, CALL OF FIRE, ROAR OF SKY, DEEP ROOTS, THE CLOCKWORK DAGGER, and THE CLOCKWORK CROWN)
- Shannon Fay (INNATE MAGIC, EXTERNAL FORCES)
- Priscilla Oliveras (WEST SIDE LOVE STORY, ISLAND AFFAIR, ANCHORED HEARTS, HIS PERFECT PARTNER, HER PERFECT AFFAIR, THEIR PERFECT MELODY, and KISS ME, CATALINA)
- Nicole Peeler (TEMPEST RISING, Jane True series and JINN & JUICE)
- Amanda Weaver (THE ONE I LOVE TO HATE, LOVE AND THE LAWS OF MOTION, and LOVE AROUND THE CORNER)
- Liana De la Rosa (ANA MARIA AND THE FOX, TO RESIST A SCANDALOUS ROGUE, TO TAME A SCANDALOUS LADY and TO TEMPT A SCANDALOUS LORD)
- Emily Victoria (THIS GOLDEN FLAME and SILVER IN THE MIST)
- Bethany Bennett (ANY ROGUE WILL DO, WEST END EARL, and DUKES DO IT BETTER)
- Kate Pembrooke (NOT THE KIND OF EARL YOU MARRY and SAY YOU'LL BE MY LADY)
- Alanna Martin (HEART ON A LEASH, PAWS & PREJUDICE and LOVE AND LET BARK)
- Ali Solomon and Janine Annett (I AM "WHY DO I NEED VENMO?" YEARS OLD)
- Ali Solomon (I LOVE(ISH) NYC)
- Tori Anne Martin (THIS SPELLS DISASTER)
How to Submit to Rebecca Strauss:
Please email her at Rebecca@defliterary.com with a brief query letter containing information on your book, your bio and the first five pages in the body of the email. Please include the word “query” and your book title in the subject line.